Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Minnie Mouse Birthday! Aria turns 3!

My beautiful Aria turned 3 this weekend.  We planned on a Minnie Mouse birthday party.  So Mommy got to work making a dress, which still barely got done.  I spent some time online trying to plan and looking for other people's ideas.  They were great but required either a lot of time, or a lot of money.  I personally have neither.  So I had to make some adjustments to the plan.  This is what I did and I think everything was absolutely perfect.
I used a variety of red, yellow, and black table cloths. They are cheap at Walmart for only 99 cents, so great for the atmosphere for a small amount of money. I didn't have a whole lot of guests coming that were kids so I was able to set the table for all of them to sit at. I just loved the little hand plates that I got at Target on clearance after Christmas.  I made ears for each guest and placed them on the plates.  Ears with bows for the girls and without for the boys!
For the food I focused on Aria's favorite foods trying to get as much as I could that were yellow, red, and white. I made fruit kabobs with strawberries, pineapple, and marshmallows which were probably the biggest hit of the whole meal. I also did potato chips and cheese squares more yellow. Aria loves Twizzlers so I just put some in cups on the table and they added to the look.




These were one of my favorite things.  My dad found them at Costco.  They are nuggets in the shape of Mickey Mouse Heads.  There were perfect because my daughter loves nuggets once again going with the theme of her favorite foods.







For the drinks I decided to go really simple.  I made some lemonade mix in a separate container (yellow) and then added frozen strawberries to it in the punch bowl for color and to be the ice.  It was perfect and very tasty.  I also put the leftover fruit from the kabobs in a bowl so that people could add it to their drinks if they wanted. 
I had taken some really cute pictures before her birthday that I wanted to display. I had some white frames in the basement and I pulled them out and put the pictures in them.  This display at one point had a Mickey and Minnie doll but as soon as I would put them up there my daughter would take them down!
I set up the table in the kitchen for coloring and painting.  I found these things at Target in the dollar section on clearance after Valentines Day.  They made a perfect addition and the kids had fun with them.  I also set up a table where I let the girls pick out ribbon and I made them bows for their party favors.  You know it is "Minnie Mouse's Bow-Tique."  All the pictures had me in it and we are avoiding that at this moment!

The cupcakes were my favorite and so easy to do!  I made basic cupcakes, I wanted cookie and creme cupcakes but couldn't find a mix.  So I mixed a packet of cookies and creme jello pudding into the mix and it was perfect.   When they were finished I did a light coat of icing and then placed large and small oreos on them to make the ears.  The bows are just laffy taffy that I rolled out flat, cut with a knife, and then fashioned into little bows for the cupcakes (I made some without bows for the older boys who were there!)




The party turned out great but most importantly my daughter had a blast and so did her friends.  Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment